November 10, 2008

A Smack in the Mouth

So the other day, this is what I woke up seeing …

As We Forgive Those

As We Forgive Those

As We Forgive Those

Wow. How’s that for a smack right in the mouth first thing out of the box?

As we forgive those? You mean, even when I feel as if I am one of the few who is getting it right? You mean, even when I am so sure that somebody else is all about himself and how he looks? You mean, even when I am doing good, solid, heart-felt work with precious little support? Even when the other person isn’t my friend? You mean, always … in every instance?

You mean, even when up until sometime recently, I was grinding my teeth at night because of all the uncertainty at how I’m supposed to figure out how to get all this work finished when I feel as if I am all by myself on most of it? And even if I feel so strongly deep in the core of my very being that I am pushing myself hard, yet seeming to miss every deadline because of factors outside of my control? And even when people are unkind and change their minds and jerk my chain?

As We Forgive Those?

As We Forgive Those?

Yeah. Every time. No matter what.

Wow. And I thought finishing a 100-miler was hard.

No comments: