January 4, 2008

Just another day in paradise, baby!

Did 2 hours run/walk (7 run, 3 walk) with Mike Carpenter and P.J. in and around the 'Burg. Yeah, it was 13F at 0500 when we shoved off. Yeah, I was in shorts. Yeah, they made big fun of me. No, my legs were fine. My hands, on the other hand (arf arf!), were stumps, even in double gloves. Parked at Carp's house, I was so pathetic that i ALMOST had to go get help with turning the key in the ignition. Yep, guess it's time to replace those 7-Eleven Jersey gloves with some real ones. :-)

Strength work before showering: 4 rounds of 15 push-ups, 20 crunches, 5 pull-ups in 4:55. Nice number. I can go faster. The last round everything hurt. Awesome!

Tonight I ref girls' JV hoops at Spotswood High School with Scott Arbogast, a young guy who is top quality. Good supplemental training piece and should be a fun time. Nice change to be home by 8ish, too.

No comments: